Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Adam's First Big-Boy Sentence

Well, Adam has been putting together little sentences for a couple of months now. Things like "Daddy, go outside" and things like that. Sometimes he'd get the words jumbled up, but the whole of it was there.

Yesterday Kim called me at work to tell me his first complete sentence. Apparently he had pooped, so she took him upstairs to his room to change his diaper. He was not having it. I guess he was squirming and trying to get away, and just didn't want to be up there. So Kim told him, "Adam, you pooped, I have to change your diaper... then we'll go back downstairs and play". She continued, but he just kept on struggling. So finally she asked "Adam, why don't you want me to change your diaper?" And his response was "Mama, I dihn't poop".

See? All the makings of a complete sentence. We love the fact that his first real sentence was a complete lie. Kim was looking at the poop as he said it (she's a lucky gal, huh?). Not to mention the fact that it was about poop!

Anyway, he's developing his vocabulary so fast, it's so much fun to be able to talk to him and have him answer back.

No comments: